Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

boy joys

A few highlights from my week with the boys!

The day I lifted the ban on cars was a most unusual day. Seth and Marcus played cheerfully, happily, contentedly together for an ENTIRE morning. I do not think there was a single fight to break up. (This worked out perfectly for me because I was moaning on the couch with contractions on and off throughout the day.) Perhaps periodic car fasts are a good idea?!


Seth now likes hamburgers when we go to fast food restaurants, but insists that they are "Hamburgers with only ham."




Seth and I were cuddling on the couch the other night when his littlest brother kicked him. He smiled and put his hand on my tummy, then asked me very seriously, "Mommy, how does the baby come out of there?" "With alot of work, honey," I replied. He accepted that answer last time, but no longer. "But HOW mommy?" he insisted. "Oh honey, that's a big question, and I think it is time for you to put on your PJs." He got very serious and looked me in the eye, as if he were the adult trying to reason with a toddler. "Mommy. I don't know how it works and I HAVE to know!" I smiled, but I was so tired.. "Seth, seriously, go put on your PJs." I need more time to think on that one.



I tell Eldon about the baby in my belly. He often looks at my belly and laughs! Sometimes he comes up to me and lifts up my shirt as if trying to see the baby. When he doesn't see the baby, it occurs to Eldon that this huge round belly would also make a good drum, so he smacks it with gusto!



Yesterday we looked out the window and saw Seth and Marcus peeing on the same tree together! And little Eldon, too young to take his diaper off, was standing there with his hips sticking out, trying to be one of the guys!



Eldon loves to dance! His best-known dance moves include "the squat," "the head bang" and "the little drummer boy."

I opened the door to the boys room to stop the party that was going on at bedtime. "Mommy!" giggled Seth, "Eldon just danced his pants off!" Indeed he did, son, indeed he did.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I would love to get Sarah and Eldon dancing together! She loves the "head bang" and sometimes looks like she is doing the "robot." Hope you're feeling ok, hang in there.

Ann H. said...

Kyle asked how the baby would come out, too (among other biological questions like how does the baby eat). I figured being straightforward was the best...of course Kyle is 5 and older than Seth. I have to admit it was quite uncomfortable answering, however!