Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving!

I am cooking potatoes enough for tonight's dinner along with enough to feed Eldon for most of the rest of the week (his new favorite- he gets that from me!) so, while they boil, I will post a few pictures. We had a fantastic thanksgiving weekend! But how could we not, with the combination of fried turkey, wine, politics, and Grammy Pammy doing the hula hoop on the Wii?

Lorraine's first grade class did an ant play this year- definitely one of the highlights of the season for our family! She practiced her song for days and days (her siblings knew it too!). Here she is in her ant hat.



Thanksgiving fun, as always, included wrestling and dancing too! Here's Aggie shakin' it like only Aggie can!


Ah, Marcus. What a personality! Uncle Luke thought "footie pyjamas" were not manly enough for a kid like Marcus, so he helped him make even those a bit more masculine.

Yesterday we celebrated my THIRTIETH birthday! People seem to think I ought to be traumatized about this birthday but really, I have identified with the over- thirty crowd for quite a long time now. How could I not? With five children... and a FULL sized van.... It has been a long time since I could stay awake past ten pm!
Now, we deal with the Thanksgiving after-party "crash." Not really the best time for Josh and I to pack the kids in the van and go for a blood draw, then to Target, then Hobby Lobby, then Kohl's, then Walmart like we did today for some reason... but nobody ever said thirty is the age of wisdom!

No comments: