Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baby's here!



Praise God for the safe delivery of Eldon Daniel Cook today at 1:46pm.







Labor and delivery were uncomplicated and yes, even easy! (Praise the Lord for epidurals!) I started on pitocin around 8am, had very mild contractions until ten, water broke and epidural at about 10am, and Eldon joined the outside world with only 2 pushes at 1:46pm! He is healthy and content, and I am feeling FANTASTIC! I like this postpartum stuff so much more than the week or 2 leading up to the birth!




Marcus was happy to meet his new little brother. I think he was even more happy to share daddy's M&Ms with him at the hospital... AND climb on mommy's lap without getting kicked by the baby inside!

God has once again provided for our daily bread- I thank Him for providing kind and skilled nurses and docs, a great hospital, strong bodies to endure childbirth (mine and Eldon's!), the help of modern medicine, a wonderful husband and father of our five sweet babies, and friends and family to share in our great joy today. I am again amazed at His skillful work in the creation of another new little person- and awed that He has called me to play a part.

7 comments:

Alessia and Jim said...

Congratulations Emily and Family! Eldon is gorgeous and is very lucky to join such a wonderful family!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!`

Ann H. said...

Congratulations Cooks! Emily, I'm sorry I haven't replied to your email even though you sent it awhile ago; I was planning to a few days ago, and then thought I would wait until the birth was over. ;o)

Ann H. said...

By the way, "ag_ann" is Ann in Wichita (in case you didn't recognize me as this was my first comment!).

Jeni said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations!!!

Jeni said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations!!!

Mark, Gretchen and Kendrick said...

Congratulations!! I was SOOOOO tempted to "sneak" into the backseat of Amy's car. We had a wonderful visit. Eldon is so cute and looks like Marcus.