Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hello again!


Marcus started walking all of a sudden at 10 1/2months. It seems to me he has had the balance for awhile, just not the desire. Once he made up his mind he was off! 12 steps by the second day, then I quit counting. He also decided he is weaned that same week. In fact, his preferred method of eating is now standing upright while someone holds the bottle in the air, preferably while he holds on to nothing at all, using only his mouth on the bottle to correct his balance if needed. (Perhaps Josh can install one of those rabbit feeders in the house somewhere that he can just go to any time he needs milk!)

Today we are doing another “day in the life” photo journal- so expect new pictures tomorrow I hope! My computer has been down for a loooooong time… thank you to Josh who resurrected it from the dead. But I have lost all my files since before we moved… all the pictures, the notes about the kids, and worst of all ALL of the stupid receipts I painstakingly entered one by one to keep track of our finances now that Josh is self-employed. I am trying not to cry about that one!

Other than that we are doing well. We survived a very busy very bad week where everything seemed to be broken and evil… then we enjoyed a weekend with the Beckers, a few good night’s sleep, and we are much refreshed this week. Lorraine is not so sure she likes so-called “holidays,” because they mean you don’t get to go to school that day! She has been starved of her friends all the way from Friday until Wednesday.... oh the torture!

Not too much else to update here… I am feeling pretty good as long as I get my sleep- it MUST be ten hours or else. This makes for a more hectic life as I am not so sure how to get those things that were once naptime jobs done during the day! But we are learning, and we started today with our flylady lists for the kids (which they LOVE), made beds and visits from birdie (I will explain those things tomorrow.)

More soon if my computer allows!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

flylady lists?

Unknown said...

Hi Emily! I think you should have your baby on the 12th of April. Just an idea... :)

Mark, Gretchen and Kendrick said...

I can't believe Marcus is walking already!!! Now he can really keep up with those older siblings! Love ya!