Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The kids today

Monday was our first experience with school pictures. This of course led to everyone wanting pictures taken, so here are a couple of my favorites.

This is Lorraine ready to go to school. I heard the photographer got the fake smile off her face pretty easily. He said "Lorraine Cook... is your daddy a pastor? He was just in here getting his picture taken. Did you know he had bows in his hair?" Lorraine is still loving school. Her biggest complaint is that at lunchtime she doesn't always get to eat her food because her friends are talking to her too much. She has also gotten in trouble for talking once or twice. No surprise there! I sure do love that first few minutes when she comes home FULL of things to tell me about her day! (Also, she has a very loose tooth!)

My angel Aggie!
Her latest great quote (this was completely out of the blue...)
"Daddy, when I grow up, I am NOT going to marry, I am NOT going to have a prince, I am NOT going to have babies that puke up on me, and I am NOT going to be a grandma."
Seth seems HUGE these days to me! He is in 3T clothes and just seems so grown up! He and I are getting along a little better most of the time. He is excited about this new sweatshirt I bought him. I also bought him new Crocs last week- he loved them so much he actually slept with them a couple times!

This little guy is almost 1- i can't believe it! He is wearing Seth's favorite shirt from last year in this picture. Seth wasn't so sure what he thought about that! He is walking just great and is really into sound effects. If you make any strange noises he instantly belly laughs! He is also learning how to wrestle with his siblings and actually can hold his own a little better. Not that he doesn't still have it rough... this morning Seth was pushing his stroller down the hill, and somehow they both fell and rolled a bit- Marcus facedown in his stroller! His cheek is a little scratched up today- poor kiddo!

Oh, these two. Newly best friends and worst enemies at the same time. They sure look like angels here... I hear they played like angels on monday when i went to the dr as well. Of course, later when I went downstairs where they had spent their angelic morning, I found the basement COMPLETELY trashed- every toy off the shelves, every puzzle dumped and scattered.... Oh, these two!!!

As for me and Josh... We are doing well. Josh swears his confirmation kids have given him his high blood pressure (he went to the doc yesterday). Are we already to the point of a buying a home blood pressure tester thing? Scary. And me... I am feeling much much better this week, after a bad week last week, but tons of support from my dear husband. Prayer and exercise are key! Though I have been waking up, puking, than instantly HUNGRY! And much to my dismay I have already had to dig out the maternity clothes (not that they were very dusty!)

All for now- better check on the kiddos!

3 comments:

Mark, Gretchen and Kendrick said...

I am so glad you are having a better week pregnancy wise this week. Seth and Marcus look like they have grown so much lately. Love ya and miss ya

Anonymous said...

Seth looks so big! He has such a mischevious face ;)

Jeni said...

I wish I could pull out my maternity clothes. I've lost so much weight that my regular clothes are hanging on me...it could be a while! :( Glad you're feeling better this week! I had a great week last week, but not so this week--I feel I've taken another step back. Sigh...We have picked out names though! :) That's exciting!! Miss you!!