Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Monday, September 30, 2013

The Kitchen

I'm just coming out from under the chaos...

My unpacked kitchen, living in my dining room...



New cupboards...


Help with painting



And LOTS of meals in the living room!
(They liked it at first. But now, they are SO happy to eat at a real table with  real plates!)



And the (mostly) finished product!



This kitchen is yet another visible reminder of how very blessed we are in this place! I think of all the people that helped us, the Ladies' Aid that paid for counters and a couple extra cupboards, my dad-in-law who painted, and my mom-in-law who cheerfully organized... we are so very, very blessed!

Now that the kitchen is done I've been excited to work in it. So far I've made a big breakfast (pancakes, eggs, bacon), Lasagna, Stroganoff, Chicken Enchiladas, pizza, graham crackers, homemade chocolate, and lots and lots of tea and coffee and smoothies!

Thank you God for good food, and a place to fix it! May this kitchen be a blessing to this family and more!

2 comments:

Kat said...

OOOOH!!!!That looks very beautiful Emily.the little boys are getting so big ,and Lorraine and Aggie are getting prettier and prettier every time i see their faces.Love you all,Kathryn.

Emily Cook said...

Thanks so much Kathryn! The girls sure do miss you!

Love from Indiana!