Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

soft-hearted super hero

Marcus has been unusually soft-hearted lately.  He is making more of an effort to share with his siblings (when he is not teasing them).  He has also rediscovered his love for "cute babies."  He has always loved the babies, but I think he thinks he has to keep some of those feelings in check if he is going to be a super hero.  Super heroes do NOT gush.

But this week he seems to have forgotten that.  He and Peter have been having so much fun together.  I think Marcus loves the fact that Peter can now steal things and be a general stinker, especially when Peter is stealing things from his other brothers.

The other day as we were driving, Marcus sighed and asked me, "Mommy, why can't Peter just stay a baby?  I like the babies when they are so little and cute!  Why does he have to grow up?"



It's a question I cannot answer, son.  But that evening, I was happy to see you soaking up some of that fleeting baby time:






He slept on you for a long time.  Not sure I have ever seen you (both) so still.  


Or so content.