Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Friday, June 20, 2008

I'M BACK!!!!!

What a day and night and all day today- my dear husband fighting against technology and all that is evil in the world to get us an internet connection. He began tinkering yesterday afternoon, which turned into working, which turned into obsessing and possibly cursing as he worked until 1am this morning. And still the beast was not conquered- he fought and strove and sweat until 4 this afternoon, at which time he proudly declared that I have the SMARTEST husband in the world.

He is now completely exhausted, wearing his pajamas (it is 430 in the afternoon) sitting on the couch with a bag of chips.

It is SO GOOD to be connected to the outside world again! The past week has been so much actual work; moving, lifting, organizing, cleaning, etc... I have missed virtual world!

So that I do not turn this post into an entire novel, I am limiting myself to a few observations about our first days in Columbus- more to come every day or two if things go to plan. We actually unpacked the last boxes today! (though josh still has a few to go through, but he's been busy...) It does not feel like home yet, and though ordination day was quite emotional (more on that later) I don't think the reality of the distance has hit me yet. I have been too busy with the details and work- and I am completely ok with that. So now that the house is in order I might have to go looking for other work... :)

We are nice and dry here in White Creek, though the city of Columbus is still recovering. I hear the hospital will be closed for at least 6 months! (We would go to Seymore, about the same distance from the house). Our house is BEAUTIFUL- It feels huge now that the boxes are unpacked, and it is VERY country. Every morning the kids and I sit on the front porch and listen to the birds, say hello to the horse across the street, etc- just drinking in the summer morning.

By the way, we are certainly in SOUTHERN Indiana. I notice the accents quite a bit (I am sure they do with us as well) - Like "I'm from White Creek" sounds like "A'm from Waat Crick" Or "My great grand mom was a Waat Crick'er, my mom was a Waat Crick'er, my dad went to Waat Crick school, and now I live in Waat Crick." The kids are already picking it up- last night Lorraine said her shower felt naaace (nice)!

I will post more later, including pictures- Just wanted to let you all know I am officially back online! There's something homey about my gmail account and blog- everything around me might be new and different, but my precious social world on the internet is just the way I left it!

2 comments:

Mark, Gretchen and Kendrick said...

WOOHOOOO!!!! SHE'S BACK!!!!!!! So good to see your update. Glad you are dry. How cute that the kids are picking up the accent already. Can't wait to hear more about your first few days in "Waat Crik"

Adams Clan said...

So glad to hear y'all are settled in. I have a few more southern expressions for ya. Pop is soda and Grandma is MaaMaw. We tried to use that one on my mom when Grace was little and we were in Seymour, she refused. Guess we have to stick to Grandma!!